Join social media legal expert Ethan Wall, Esq. on Wednesday, October 19th at 12:00 PM EST for a free Ethics CLE accredited* webinar
Investigating and preserving social media evidence is a critical skill for litigators, paralegals, and human resource professionals. While social media can be an effective tool for conducting research, strategic discovery, and provide an upper hand in litigation, there are best practices and critical ethical pitfalls inherent when using these platforms that must be avoided. Are you and your colleagues aware of how to properly investigate on social media and how the rules of professional conduct apply to attorneys and law firm staff using social media in your jurisdiction?
Sign Up Now
What You’ll Learn
Ethan will teach you how to:
- Effectively use social media for informal investigations, discovery, and litigation.
- Demonstrate how to safely and defensibly collect social media evidence.
- Understand ethics opinions from various jurisdiction governing social media for investigations and discovery.
- Comply with ethical rules when conducting research and discovery of parties, witnesses and jurors.
- Avoid prohibited social media “friendships” by attorneys and law firm staff who participate in litigation.
About The Presenter
Ethan Wall, Esq.
President & Founder of Social Media Law and Order
Ethan Wall educates, trains, and consults with attorneys, law firms, and human resource professionals on everything related to social media and the law. Ethan founded the world’s first Social Media Law Firm, authored six books on social media legal issues, and is a professor of Social Media and the Law at Nova Southeastern University College of Law. High profile news organizations, including CNN, NPR, and Thomson Reuters have turned to Ethan for commentaries on social media legal issues. Ethan now trains lawyers and law firms on social media in litigation across the globe.