Locate, Investigate, Preserve
Intelligent social activity reporting and profile monitoring technology backed by the best practice methodologies of our expert analysts.
SMI products offer our customers the best of both worlds: an intuitive, user-friendly interface and powerful search capabilities.
- SMI’s uses industry-leading search technology. Our search algorithm analyzes both surface and deep web interactions, providing a comprehensive picture of any subject’s social media profile.
- SMI’s cloud-based servers offer secure storage. All intelligence gathered during an investigation is stored on SMI’s secure servers.
- Leverage SMI’s API to integrate with our system. SMI’s RESTful API generates requests for analyst-supported reports, then automatically returns your completed Deep Reports and Exports
Unlike other vendors, which may outsource or subcontract your investigation, SMI employs a team of full-time analysts that work from our offices in Pittsburgh. Our analysts will become an extension of your organization’s internal staff.
- SMI analysts are social media intelligence experts. Our analysts come from prestigious university programs known for producing intelligence analysts and are board-certified social media intelligence experts (CSMIE) by the McAfee Institute.
- SMI clients have direct access to the analyst that completed their investigation. The in-house analyst who curated your report is available via phone or email to answer any questions you may have about their findings.
- SMI offers industry-best turnaround on all of our products. We pride ourselves on our ability to conduct comprehensive investigations with great efficiency.
- SMI’s code of ethics ensures the highest standard of excellence. Our code of ethics dictates what our analysts will and won’t do while conducting investigations and ensures the defensibility of any evidence discovered.
Learn how SMI can help your organization.
Social activities of any subject compiled into one actionable report. Schedule an appointment with one of our team members to learn how SMI can help your organization.
Stop sorting through false positives. Let our expert social media analysts provide you simple, easy-to-read reports that provide a complete picture of the person or organization in question.
Go Deeper with Expert Analysis
The Deep Report contains information from social media, search engines, and the deep web. Once relevant information has been verified by one of SMI’s trained analysts, it is attached with the last known URL and a screen capture of the first few pages of the searched site or service.
- Can a Deep Report investigation be customized to fit the scope of my investigation? Yes, the analyst assigned to your investigation will tailor your Deep Report to the defined search criteria provided when you place your order.
- What information does one need to begin a Deep Report? The more information provided at the outset, the more accurate and in-depth your report will be. You can read a list of identifiers on our blog.
- Is a Deep Report investigation limited to social media research? While every investigation is unique, our analysts are capable of investigating more than social media networks, including: mobile native apps, online communities, search engine indexed content, non-indexed content / deep web, wearables and IOT devices.
- Do you offer expedited service for Deep Reports? Yes, expedited service is available upon request; standard turnaround for a Deep Report is 2-business days.
The internet changes constantly. Don’t risk losing critical evidence that could make or break your case. Save offline, (CTRL-F) searchable versions of almost any social media profile or webpage.
Preserve Evidence Before It Disappears
The Export archives social media profiles and other website content as searchable, offline PDFs which can be uploaded to many popular eDiscovery platforms.
- What types of information can the Export preserve? We can provide archivable information for most pages and services on the internet. While Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram Exports often have the largest amount of useful content, we are able to capture information from almost any website on the internet – including blogs and restaurant reviews.
- Do you offer expedited service for Exports? Yes, expedited service is available upon request; standard turnaround for an Export is 1-business day.
Why is the SMI Export More Defensible?
The SMI Export is a comprehensive preservation tool that archives more than just images from a social media profile or webpage – which can be altered. With an Export, SMI’s analysts capture more than just screenshots; we quarantine HTML and metadata from the source code on our secure servers. You can read more about our social media preservation process on our blog.
Most companies admit to searching social media during the hiring process but they do it inconsistently which may be unintentionally discriminatory. SMI provides Consumer Reporting Agencies with FCRA-compliant reports which can aid HR professionals in identifying the right candidate.
FCRA-Compliant Social Media Screening
The Employment Report is intended to provide a summary view of the internet activities of potential employees in a uniform manner which is FCRA-compliant. (For a more comprehensive investigation, see the Deep Report.)
- What does the Employment include? The Employment Report provides a list of the subject’s profiles on major social media platforms, including: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and more. Our trained analysts verify the subject’s identity with no less than three identifiers and remove false positive results.
- What happens in the event of a dispute? SMI has a dispute resolution procedure in accordance with FCRA-compliance.
- Do you offer expedited service for Employment Reports? As Employment Reports are generally conducted in bulk quantities, we do not advertise turnaround times for this product. If you have questions about a specific project, please contact us for more information.
Schedule a Presentation
With nearly two-thirds of adults sharing information on social media, there’s a good chance that information relevant to your investigation is available – if you can find it.
Learn how your organization can utilize social media information.
Speak with one of our team members to learn how SMI can help your organization locate, investigate and preserve crucial evidence from webpages and social media platforms.