Web & Social Media Investigations
The information obtained through our investigations has been known to contradict claims or statements made by a claimant and it can also provide further confirmation of the damages or injuries being claimed. Social media exploration and evidence should be considered in any claim of significance given its potential impact and influence in claims handling.
Use Cases for Insurance Professionals
The strength of your case rides on the integrity of your evidence. Is your social media research solution defensible?
SMI provides a best-in-class solution for locating, investigating and preserving digital evidence. Let us show you why SMI is the leader in open source & social media intelligence (SOCMINT).
- Claims Management
- SIU Investigations
- Bodily Injury
- Risk Assessments
- Workers Compensation
- Physical Activity
- Opportunities for Surveillance
- High Net Worth
- Severe Claims
- Litigation Support
- Anytime you need information about a person
Social Media Intelligence Experts
Unlike other vendors, which may outsource or subcontract your investigation, SMI employs a team of full-time analysts that work from our offices in Pittsburgh. These analysts are an extension of your company’s internal staff; freeing Certified Fraud Examiners to utilize their resources on other high-value activities.
- SMI analysts are social media intelligence experts. Our analysts come from prestigious university programs known for producing intelligence analysts and are board-certified social media intelligence experts (CSMIE) by the McAfee Institute.
- SMI clients have direct access to the analyst that completed their investigation. The in-house analyst who curated your report is available via phone or email to answer any questions you may have about their findings.
- SMI offers industry-best turnaround on all of our products. We pride ourselves on our ability to conduct comprehensive investigations with great efficiency.
- SMI’s code of ethics ensures the highest standard of excellence. Our code of ethics dictates what our analysts will and won’t do while conducting investigations and ensures the defensibility of any evidence discovered.
While many of SMI’s products offer an investigation which is customized to the scope of your SIU’s investigation, they can also be tailored to match your internal document standards.
- Reports can be exported in a variety of file formats. Users can export reports from our system into a variety of formats, including: Microsoft Word, PDF, or rich text format.
- Reports can be white-labeled to match your company’s branding. Each of our reports can be white-labeled to include your company’s logo. Alternatively, many clients opt to retain the SMI branding on their reports to illustrate that the information was sourced from an independent third party.
- SMI offers fixed transactional pricing. Services are invoiced on a case-by-case basis; there are no subscriptions or retainer fees going into your SIU’s monthly overhead. Your staff can generate a coded invoice for every investigation and easily submit the expense to any accounting email for smooth billing.